© Lorem ipsum dolor sit Nulla in mollit pariatur in, est ut dolor eu eiusmod lorem 2013
History of St Thomas Church - Part One
St.   Thomas   Church   was   built   in   1830-31,   as   a   successor   to a   very   modest   cottage   and   chapel   which   had   been   erected in   1785   at   Kempcairn,   about   one   km   outside   the   town.     Upon   the   death   of   Father   W.   Reid   there   in   1825,   a   new priest,   Father   Walter   Lovi,   was   appointed   to   Keith,   and   he began   raising   money   to   build   a   new   church.      To   do   so,   he travelled    throughout    the    United    Kingdom,    Ireand    and France.      From   1827   until   the   new   church   was   finished, services were held in a little chapel in Land Street. Father   Lovi   was   a   native   of   Edinburgh,   and   at   that   time   there   were   many   French   Royalist   refugees   in   the city.      The   refugees   were   supporters   of   Charles   X,   who   had   been   restored   to   the   French   throne   in   1824.     As   the   Comte   d’Artois,   Charles   had   been   given   sanctuary   in   the   Scottish   capital   following   the   French Revolution.      Here,   he   had   been   befriended   by   Adam   Gordon,   Governor   of   Edinburgh   Castle,   and   son   of Duke of Gordon , whose castle was in Fochabers, eight miles from Keith.
St. Thomas Church in 1831
Address: Chapel Street Keith Moray AB55 5AL SCOTLAND    Dean: Fr Colin Stewart (01343) 542280     or   (01807) 580795 Priests in residence in Huntly: Fr Kingsley Chigbo CCE (01466) 410200 Fr Peter Ezekoka e-mail: chapelstthomas@yahoo.co.uk A parish of the R.C. Diocese of Aberdeen Charitable Trust, Registered Charity Number SC 005122
St Thomas' Keith adheres to the Privacy Policies as set by the RC Diocese of Aberdeen.
© Lorem ipsum dolor sit Nulla in mollit pariatur in, est ut dolor eu eiusmod lorem 2013
            History of St. Thomas Church                    Part One     
St.   Thomas   Church   was   built   in   1830-31,   as   a   successor   to   a very   modest   cottage   and   chapel   which   had   been   erected   in 1785   at   Kempcairn,   about   one   km   outside   the   town.      Upon   the death   of   Father   W.   Reid   there   in   1825,   a   new   priest,   Father Walter    Lovi,    was    appointed    to    Keith,    and    he    began    raising money    to    build    a    new    church.        To    do    so,    he    travelled throughout    the    United    Kingdom,    Ireand    and    France.        From 1827   until   the   new   church   was   finished,   services   were   held   in   a little chapel in Land Street. Father   Lovi   was   a   native   of   Edinburgh,   and   at   that   time   there were   many   French   Royalist   refugees   in   the   city.      The   refugees were   supporters   of   Charles   X,   who   had   been   restored   to   the French   throne   in   1824.      As   the   Comte   d’Artois,   Charles   had been    given    sanctuary    in    the    Scottish    capital    following    the French   Revolution.      Here,   he   had   been   befriended   by   Adam Gordon,    Governor    of    Edinburgh    Castle,    and    son    of    Duke    of Gordon, whose castle was in Fochabers, eight miles from Keith.
St. Thomas Church in 1831