© Lorem ipsum dolor sit Nulla in mollit pariatur in, est ut dolor eu eiusmod lorem 2013
After   these   alterations,   the   church   could   accommodate   500,   and   the   cost   of the   additional   work   came   to   £3,000.   The   congregation   raised   £2,000   of   this sum.   It   is   interesting   to   note   that   donations   were   made   at   the   time   by   Lord Mount    Stephen,    founder    of    the    Canadian    Pacific    Railway,    and    by    Lord Strathcona. A   memorial   window   and   Roll   of   Honour,   were   incorporated   after   the   1914-18 war   (This   was   updated   following   the   1939-45   hostilities).   A   matching   window depicting   Christ   as   the   Good   Shepherd      surmounts   a   Memorial   Tablet   to   all deceased Parish Priests of St Thomas’. Four   further   stained   glass   windows   were   installed   in   the   l970s,   through   the generosity   of   other   benefactors.   These   depict   Our   Lady   of   Aberdeen,   Saint Margaret     of     Scotland,     Saint     Andrew     and     Saint     John     Ogilvie,     whose canonisation   was   by   then   imminent.   These   windows   were   designed   and made   by   Dom   Ninian   Sloane   in   the   workshops   at   Pluscarden   Abbey   near Elgin.   The   Christ   figure   which   encloses   St   John   Ogilvie   suggests   a   priest   as   an "Alter   Christus"   in   the   performance   of   his   priestly   duties.   On   a   lighter   note, the   children   in   the   St   Margaret   window   were   based   on   drawings   of   children in   the   parish   at   that   time.   The   tartan   used   for   the   boy’s   kilt   was   Lamont tartan   This   was   a   tribute   to   Canon   Lamont,   the   then   parish   priest.   It   might also   be   noted   that   the   colours   of   the   glass   used   were   chosen   to   reflect   the very different light of north and south aspects.
History of St Thomas Church - Part Four
Close-up of Our Lady of Aberdeen stained glass window. Stained glass windows of St. Margaret of Scotland, The Good Shepherd and St. John Oglivie with the memorial window.
Address: Chapel Street Keith Moray AB55 5AL SCOTLAND    Dean: Fr Colin Stewart (01343) 542280     or   (01807) 580795 Priests in residence in Huntly: Fr Kingsley Chigbo CCE (01466) 410200 Fr Peter Ezekoka e-mail: chapelstthomas@yahoo.co.uk A parish of the R.C. Diocese of Aberdeen Charitable Trust, Registered Charity Number SC 005122
St Thomas' Keith adheres to the Privacy Policies as set by the RC Diocese of Aberdeen.
© Lorem ipsum dolor sit Nulla in mollit pariatur in, est ut dolor eu eiusmod lorem 2013
After   these   alterations,   the   church   could   accommodate   500,   and the   cost   of   the   additional   work   came   to   £3,000.   The   congregation raised   £2,000   of   this   sum.   It   is   interesting   to   note   that   donations were   made   at   the   time   by   Lord   Mount   Stephen,   founder   of   the Canadian Pacific Railway, and by Lord Strathcona. A    memorial    window    (middle    right),    and    Roll    of    Honour,    were incorporated   after   the   1914-18   war   (This   was   updated   following the   1939-45   hostilities).   A   matching   window   depicting   Christ   as the   Good   Shepherd   (middle   left),   surmounts   a   Memorial   Tablet to all deceased Parish Priests of St Thomas’. Four   further   stained   glass   windows   were   installed   in   the   l970s, through   the   generosity   of   other   benefactors.   These   depict   Our Lady   of   Aberdeen,   Saint   Margaret   of   Scotland,   Saint   Andrew   and Saint   John   Ogilvie,   whose   canonisation   was   by   then   imminent. These   windows   were   designed   and   made   by   Dom   Ninian   Sloane in    the    workshops    at    Pluscarden    Abbey    near    Elgin.    The    Christ figure    which    encloses    St    John    Ogilvie    suggests    a    priest    as    an "Alter   Christus"   in   the   performance   of   his   priestly   duties.   On   a lighter   note,   the   children   in   the   St   Margaret   window   were   based on   drawings   of   children   in   the   parish   at   that   time.   The   tartan used   for   the   boy’s   kilt   was   Lamont   tartan   This   was   a   tribute   to Canon   Lamont,   the   then   parish   priest.   It   might   also   be   noted that   the   colours   of   the   glass   used   were   chosen   to   reflect   the   very different light of north and south aspects.

      History of

St. Thomas Church                    Part Four     
Close-up of Our Lady of Aberdeen stained glass window. Stained glass windows of St. Margaret of Scotland, The Good Shepherd and St. John Oglivie with the memorial window.